One thing about Fitness To Cosplay is that we are trying to become as natural and organic as possible. We are always trying to find new ways to deal with certain problems without running to a pill. I recently went through my “moon time” and gained 4 lbs because of bloat. Horrible! I hate going through it and I want to find ways to avoid it as much as possible. I don’t know about other women, but I hate seeing my stomach pushing out like I’m pregnant in the mirror. So after much research, here’s some information I found that was repetitive from multiple sources.
- No carbonated drinks, such as, seltzer and sparkling water.
- The gas in the bubbles will build up in your body.
- No Food that can give you gas
- Such as broccoli and beans
- No salt
- Salt retains water in the body and it gets worse over that special time because the body is trying to retain water already
- No sugar free foods and drinks
- Some sugar replacements will cause gas
- Eat less fiber
- Fiber can cause gas, bloating, and constipation
- Eat low calorie meals
- The body will hold on to large meals. It’s best to get small things like yogurt, eggs and fruit. Give your body a break and try to make digestion as easy as possible around this time.
- Certain foods help with bloating, Papaya, Yogurt, Black Licorice Root (Not my favorite), Calcium Vitamin.
- Less carbs, more protein
- Carbs will help hold water in your body while protein will help pass it.
- Drink some tea
- When I drink tea, it makes me do number one multiple times so I think drinking tea to help get rid of water bloat is a good idea.
I hope this helps! I’ll certain practice these suggestions. I will let you guys know if I still bloat like a balloon or I stay balanced.